Find out more about the flagship national leadership and development programmes, designed specifically for the technical community in academia (teaching and research roles) and research institutions below.Home »
Executive Programme in Strategic Technical Leadership
Become an effective strategic technical leader within your institution by developing and enhancing your existing leadership skills.
This programme is delivered in partnership with the University of Nottingham Business School.
Status: Applications open March 2024
Herschel Programme for Women in Technical Leadership
A flagship national programme designed to elevate and advance opportunities for current or aspiring technical leaders who identify as women.
This programme empowers, builds confidence and supports your career journey.
Status: Applications for 2025 programme open Sept 2024
Vivien Thomas Technical Leadership Programmes
Three programmes for current and aspiring leaders who want to prepare for a new management role, improve collaboration skills or develop technical capabilities.
Each programme has an area of focus to boost leadership skills.
Status: Applications open in March 2024
Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Global
An accredited teaching qualification designed for teaching technicians or technical staff who support learning. Develop your skills to enhance student experience. This programme is delivered in collaboration with University of Nottingham School of Education.
Status: Applications currently closed
Why choose programmes delivered by the Institute?
- All programmes have been designed especially for the technical community working in higher education and research settings.
- The programmes are free, unless stated otherwise. There may be a requirement for your institution to cover travel costs for in-person events. Any requirement to attend in-person events will be made clear during the application process.
- Our programmes are tried and tested. The programmes offered through the Institute have been piloted by hundreds of UK-wide technicians and the programmes have been refined to ensure they add value for technicians and their organisations.
- You will meet a new national network of technicians.
- These programmes are suitable for technicians working in all disciplines including creative arts, engineering, IT, maths and science.